Careers at Bass Underwriters
Want to join our team?
"BUILT ON RELATIONSHIPS, NOT STATISTICS."
Our success is attributed to our philosophy of organic growth. The majority of our successful underwriters began their career as entry-level assistants. We focus on attracting individuals who possess the drive, initiative and desire to set their sights on turning a job into a career.
Catapult Your Career!
What We Offer
Bass Underwriters is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer a competitive salary, including comprehensive benefits- Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid time-off (PTO), paid holidays and a rewarding career opportunity!
- Our Underwriter Assistants train under a Broker and learn how to evaluate risks, research carrier guidelines and interact with agents.
- Build your own book of business under direction from a Broker and a National Sales Manager.
- Our formula for success has been built on promoting from within. The Underwriter Assistant role has a career path towards promotion to Broker, earning salary plus uncapped commission.
How we work:
Who we are
• Mission Statement – We operate based on our mission statement, which promises that our relationships are driven by our commitment to our independent agents
• Purpose & Beliefs – We believe in prioritizing agents in order to allow them to deliver fast and courteous service to their clients, second to none
• Company History – At Bass, we stay true to our roots. We take time to stop and acknowledge where we came from so we don’t miss how impressive the climb is
• A rewarding career begins in a rewarding workplace. When you work at a company that prides itself on relationships, and the opportunity for professional growth is at your fingertips, the sky is the limit. At Bass, we empower our employees to get the knowledge they need for success and allow them the opportunity to reach their goals.
• Each team plays a pivotal part in the success of Bass. In our Corporate Headquarters, we have support teams including Accounting, Human Resources, Operations, Call Center, and Business Development along with our South Florida Underwriting Team.
We care about and invest in you as an employee, so that you can take care of yourself and your family. From competitive benefits to financial well-being, we have our employees in mind!
- Medical, dental, and vision
- Long-term disability
- Programs to encourage healthy well-being
- Weight loss assistance with “Your Real Appeal”
- Health discounts
- 401K with company match
- Generous PTO policy
- 10 paid holidays
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Accident, cancer, hospital indemnity and critical illness insurance
- Employee discounts with top vendors
- Training & develop program
- Designation reimbursement
- Coaching and mentoring
- Career planning
- Recognition programs
- Leadership development
- Bass Gives Back program
- Volunteer opportunities
- Local partnerships
- Holiday celebrations
- We live by the motto, “built on relationships”